Thursday, October 30, 2008

*click* Hello. This is...

Less than a week to the election, and know what I'm hearing a whole, whole lot of?

"If I get one more of those automated calls from somebody running for office, I am going to scream!"

The FCC did away with automated sales calls a whole long time ago. That's a good thing--they're annoying, time-consuming, and ineffective marketing. I have no idea why political candidates think they're a smart way to get the word out and collect votes. 

Does anybody even listen to the whole messages??

I'm going on the record as being in favor of a ban on all automated phone calls--sales, vote-getting, charity soliciting, and otherwise. At the very least, I'm in favor of candidates using some common sense and avoiding the dastardly things. If you want my vote, show me you can think a little bit.


No comments: